We have established a Parish COVID-19 Task Force (Bettina McBeth, Chris Cuttitta, Julie Haller, and Vicar Taylor Berdahl) who will be responsible for continuing to monitor the pandemic’s progression and adjusting our parish practices accordingly.
Please be prepared to be flexible if (and when) conditions change and we need to adjust.
For the most up-to-date news, please take a look at the PA Department of Health website, here!
Or, the CDC website, here!
Church and COVID-19
Since June 21st, some of us have begun to gather again in person for worship on Sunday mornings, following the rules set by the parish that are intended to keep health and safety risks as low as possible. Until herd immunity to COVID-19 is developed, ideally through the existence and availability of a vaccine, there will still always be some level of risk when gathering in person. Therefore, we are thankful for our beloved church family members who have chosen to continue staying at home for their health and safety.
Ways to Stay Connected:
Attend in-person worship on Sunday mornings. St. James- 8:25AM, Christ- 9:45AM (Sunday School 8:30AM), Bethlehem- 11:00AM.
Listen to audio recordings of worship on Sunday afternoons in the safety of your home. Accessible by email, church website, or CD- contact Vicar Taylor (email@example.com, 512-773-9565) with any issues accessing these recordings.
Youtube livestream option! Simply go to our home page at and click on the video to open. We start broadcasting at 11am and don’t forget to access the bulletin pdf button!
Send in prayer requests to Vicar Taylor by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (512-773-9565).
If you have any questions or concerns please speak to one of the Task Force members.
REMINDER OF PARISH RULES DURING COVID
The Covid-19 task force (Bettina McBeth, Chris Cuttitta, Julie Haller, and Vicar Taylor Berdahl) have approved the following guidelines for safe worship practice. Thank you for showing love to your neighbors by following these rules.
1. MASKS ARE REQUIRED. Please wear your own mask.
2. SOCIAL DISTANCING REQUIRED. Leave empty pews between people, and sit checkerboard fashion. No one should sit directly behind or in front of anyone else. There will be no greeters.
3. NO SINGING. Singing causes us to expel the air in our lungs with force, it raises the risk of infection, masks or not.
4. NO PASSING OF THE PEACE. Just pretend it is an extended flu season.
5. NO PHYSICAL PASSING OF ANYTHING. Collection plates and bulletins are placed at the entrances/exits so there is no physical passing from one person to another.
6. We will have bulletins to use for the services so hymnals will not be required. Please touch as little as possible when in your pews.
7. We will have communion with sealed, pre-packaged individual communion servings. Directions for distribution will be shared at that time in the service. There will be trash receptacles at the exits for disposal.
8. Attendance will be taken at each church each Sunday. Should an outbreak occur, the congregation can be notified. If anyone receives a positive test for COVID, please report it to the task force immediately.